How old do you have to be to be an old fool? 40? 50? 60? I think you would agree that an “Old fool” is not a number, but rather, it is when a mature person shows a lack of good judgement. Are you being an old fool when it comes to using social media like LinkedIn to generate leads? Perhaps you feel more like an old dog not wanting to learn a new trick.
- Is age 40+
- Pays 100’s of dollars yearly and several hours a month to belong to a leads group for the privilege of networking with the same 20 people every week and refuses to learn how to use LinkedIn
- Is age 40+
- May belong to a leads group but uses LinkedIn for free to get business leads whenever he wants as opposed to when he gets lucky at his business group
Which are you? If you are still undecided, here are more facts:
- LinkedIn is the world’s largest database
- The average LinkedIn user is over 40
- The typical salary of a LinkedIn user is 100,000+
- LinkedIn is effective as a free tool or you can purchase more services if you like
- No one on LinkedIn cares about what you had for lunch so you don’t have to inform them with constant updates about your day
Not all social media tools are alike. LinkedIn is NOT a time waster. Members of LinkedIn are there to do business. If you match the time you invest in one networking group with the time you spend on LinkedIn, you will begin to question that networking group because the results of LinkedIn will keep you busy.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR, Rhonda Smolarek
Rhonda Smolarek is a marketer and speaker who writes and trains old people (like herself) to use social media platforms to generate business leads. Register for her social media webinars at smbSocialMediaWorkshop.com.