Friday, May 22, 2009

Whine and Cheese



It's been a long week, a long day and gosh, even the 5 minute ride home was kinda long.  I'm tired and I don't feel like cooking and I don't feel like pizza, which is exactly what my significant other will prepare for dinner if he knows I don't feel like cooking.  He means well.  I mean to not have delivered pizza.  So I picked my brain for quicky dinner with Whine.  The whine will be suppressed and the cheese will pop!  To make this, try to say to yourself: at least I have a good idea of something easy and excellent for dinner.  This will smell amazing if you're a fan of garlic and you could add fanned out tomato slices sprinkled with sunflower seeds on the side for extra vegetable and color if you are wanting this to present this beautifully as I am want to do even though I'm whining.

Shrimp and Spinach Pesto with Whine and Cheese

  • Optional glass of favorite wine, I'll have a Cab.
  • 15 oz bag frozen pre-cooked shrimp, tails off
  •  10 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry in paper towel
  • 1/2 pkg Barilla spaghetti (6oz)
  • 1/4 C. roasted sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 C. Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 C. olive oil
  • 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 C. chicken broth or pasta water
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • optional pepper flakes to taste
  1. Sip wine. Cook pasta in salted water 8-10 minutes or according to package.  Place shrimp in bottom of colander.  Sip wine.  Drain pasta in colander over frozen shrimp.  Leave it there to warm shrimp. Sip wine.
  2. Place drained spinach in large bowl and pull apart.  Have some wine.  Add Parmesan cheese, garlic, nuts, oil, broth or pasta water, salt and pepper and combine with tongs.  If you wanted to be awesome, you would put this in the food processor, adding the oil last to emulsify.  Drink wine.
  3. Add pasta and shrimp and gently mix until evenly incorporated.  Sip wine and serve.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow I can almost taste this from just simply reading it.
    I will have to copy and paste this to the recipe book.
    great post!

    ReplyDelete